SecurityPlus for MDaemon
SecurityPlus for MDaemon provides the next generation of antivirus and spam protection for the MDaemon Messaging Server by halting viruses on all inbound and outbound email at the server before it’s passed on to client PCs, providing real-time spam, Recurrent Pattern Detection Technology (RPD™), Zero-Hour™ Virus Outbreak Protection, Inline Email Antivirus Protection, Urgent Update Notification, and more. It is the number one solution for safeguarding your MDaemon mail server.
To combat today’s ever-changing security threats and provide your organization with the strongest defense against spam, phishing, and viruses, download the free, fully functional, trial of SecurityPlus for MDaemon software today. Or, start protecting your organization’s email infrastructure by purchasing today!
- SecurityPlus for MDaemon complements and extends the built-in security features of the MDaemon Mail Server, providing a shield to stop security trouble before it starts. By combining multiple powerful security safeguards, it blocks virtually all known dangers and prevents infestation by newly released threats. It automatically downloads and installs updates for hands-off administration. SecurityPlus is available in multiple languages and proactively protects email users against viruses, spam, phishing attacks, spyware, and other types of unwanted and harmful email.
- Inline Antivirus Scanning
- Zero-Hour Virus Outbreak Protection
- Recurrent Pattern Detection Technology
- Urgent Update Notification
- Versatile Control
- Virus Log Files
Inline Antivirus Scanning
SecurityPlus scans messages inline during each SMTP session, effectively stopping malicious software at the email entrance to your network. When a corrupted message with a security threat is detected, SecurityPlus refuses to accept the email and any attachments.
Zero-Hour Virus Outbreak Protection
Real-time pattern analysis provides much faster protection than traditional filter and signature based solutions that require detecting, defining, and disseminating new virus information. Outbreak Protection requires no heuristic rules, content filtering, or signature updates. Includes Real-time, anti-spam, zero-hour anti-virus, anti-spyware, and anti-phishing technology.
Recurrent Pattern Detection (RPD™) Technology
- Recurrent Pattern Detection (RPD) uses patented technology to identify patterns which are content agnostic to safeguard the original message. These patterns cannot be used to reconstruct the original message.
- RPD extracts and then analyzes relevant patterns, which are used to identify massive email-borne outbreaks. It classifies both distribution and structural patterns within an email message.
- RPD patterns are compared to the local cache which provides fast match results for more than 70% of the patterns. If a pattern is not in the local cache, RPD will query global data centers for a match to provide true real-time protection with the most up-to-date patterns. These global data center queries then update the cache to keep the most current patterns available locally.
- RPD is designed to distinguish between the distribution patterns of solicited bulk emails, representing legitimate business correspondence, from those of unsolicited bulk emails, representing spam.
- RPD identifies incoming threat messages with very few, if any false positives. Not only are the patterns content agnostic, they are also language-independent making it equally effective for all message formats and encoding types.
Urgent Update Notification
Provides additional antivirus definitions beyond regularly scheduled updates. When a high-risk virus threat is identified by Kaspersky Labs, you can select to be notified and trigger SecurityPlus to automatically initiate a database update of the latest virus definitions. Antivirus protection from Kaspersky Labs combines traditional antivirus defense methods with the latest proactive technologies to keep your organization safe from new and emerging threats.
SecurityPlus for MDaemon detects infected attachments in both plain text and HTML messages. When an infected attachment is detected and you have selected to not block the message outright, you have the option to clean it, quarantine it, delete it, or allow MDaemon’s Content Filter to handle it. Specific domains and addresses may also be excluded from scanning altogether.
SecurityPlus for MDaemon includes an administrative log that keeps track of the type, time, and location of detected viruses.