MailStore Email Archiving Server
Mailstore, one of the world’s leading solutions for email archiving, management and compliance for Small and Medium-Sized Businesses (SMB) easily works with MDaemon Messaging Server for Windows. And now you can purchase and renew licenses directly from Alt-N Technologies.
- Mailstore works seamlessly with MDaemon to create 1:1 copies of all emails.
- Access archived email using Microsoft Outlook, MailStore Web Access, or mobile devices.
- Combines powerful technology with low cost and user friendliness.
- MailStore Server is used by over 10,000 small and medium-sized businesses.
Easy, No-Risk Setup
MailStore Server can be installed in just a few minutes on any Windows PC and tested immediately. All of the components you need are already integrated. No changes will be made to servers or emails while archiving.
With its low acquisition cost, minimal system requirements, integrated storage technology, and efficient use of system resources, the MailStore Server solution offers excellent value for your money.
Integrated Storage Technology
At the core of MailStore Server is a highly sophisticated and scalable storage technology that does not require external databases and is available immediately after setup is complete. In practice, this allows for installations that support more than a thousand archived mailboxes and the users who access them.
Not a One Way Street
MailStore Server is not a one way street. All email can be restored from the archive in standard formats at any time. This guarantees companies independence over the long term – even if you move to a new system.
No matter whether you want to meet compliance requirements, protect yourself from data loss, or solve technical problems, MailStore Server provides you with a high-performance, intuitive solution that you can install and test for free in just a few minutes.
MailStore Server supports most standard email servers, Internet mailboxes, email clients and file formats. The archiving strategy can therefore be customized based on the specific detailed needs of a company.
- Archiving of existing mailboxes, public folders, and PST files.
- Archiving of all emails as they are received and sent.
- Emails can be deleted from mailboxes once they have been archived according to a rule-based process.
Reliable Compliance Features
A comprehensive technology concept ensures that companies using MailStore Server are able to comply with regulatory or business record retention requirements at all times.
- 100% complete archiving of all emails possible.
- Tamper-proof thanks to AES256 encryption, SHA1 hash values, and other measures.
- Configurable retention periods.
- Integrated auditing system delivers seamless logging and transparency.
Scalable Storage Technology
At the core of MailStore Server is a highly sophisticated storage technology that does not require an external database management system and is available immediately after setup is complete. The archive consists of any number of archive stores – for example one per quarter or year – making the solution extremely flexible and scalable to any volume of data or number of users. For the end user, the archive store concept is completely transparent. The user works with one combined view on the entire archive.
In practice, this allows for installations that support more than a thousand archived mailboxes and the users who access them.
Archive stores are created, by default, in the file system and do not require any further configuration. For specific business needs, an advanced configuration is possible, providing additional options for storage like integration with external databases (Microsoft SQL Server or PostgreSQL).
Fast Access for All Users
When accessing the archive, users can perform a full-text search (including all file attachments) or use the regular folder structure. Emails can be recovered using one-click restore or simply opened to forward the message or send a reply.
- MailStore Outlook Add-in- Seamless integration in Microsoft Outlook
- MailStore Web Access – Access using any internet browser
- MailStore Mobile Web Access – For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, BlackBerry, Google Android and Windows Phone
- MailStore IMAP Server – Integration of the archive as a read-only mailbox into any email program or onto a mobile device via an integrated IMAP server
Powerful Export Features
MailStore Server is not a one-way street. Every email can be restored from the archive at any time by using standard file formats. This guarantees long-term independence for companies – even from MailStore Server itself.
- Microsoft Exchange mailboxes
- Mailboxes from any email server (IMAP)
- Forwarding via SMTP
- Directory in file system (RFC822 EML, MSG, and PST files)
- Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express, and Windows Mail
- Mozilla Thunderbird and SeaMonkey